We will take a few pairs or groups of apparently similar words and illustrate or Learn their usage in sentences to build your vocabulary which develop your power of word-discrimination.
Word Usage Tips – tips on correct word usage, In this article you are going to learn (habit vs custom) and their usage in sentences.
Habit Vs Custom
Meaning of habit:
Habit is somebody’s s settled practice, especially something that cannot be easily given up.
Example Sentences of the word habit:
- The habit of smoking cannot be easily given up.
- He is in the habit of getting up late.
- Habit-forming drug should be scrupulously avoided.
- Do not let yourself get into bad habits.
- Habit is second nature.
Meaning of custom:
Custom is the usual and generally accepted behavior among members of a social group either small or large, e.g.a nation.
Example Sentences of the word custom:
- Custom requires us to stand when the national anthem is played.
- Do not be a slave to Custom.
- It has become the Custom For English families to go to the seaside in summer.
- Social Customs vary in different countries.
Custom also means regular support given to a tradesman by those who buy his goods. We should very much like to have your customs means we would like you to buy our goods. I shall withdraw my Customs from that shop means I shall not but goods from there in future.
- The officials in the Customs at London Airport we’re very polite.